Playgroup is an informal and relaxed weekly get-together of mums, dads, grandparents, carers, children and babies. During each two hour session, families have the opportunity to play, explore, enjoy a story and get moving to music!
Playgroup helps children:
- participate in new experiences
- develop and increase their social skills
- learn about sharing, cooperating and routines
- interact with other families in a safe environment
- discover more about their world
- have fun!
Playgroup helps adults:
- meet other local families and develop friendships
- relax and talk in a safe environment
- share experiences and ideas
- nurture their child's development
- make connections within their local community
- ... and have fun!
All families wishing to attend playgroup must sign up with Play Matters. There are two free membership types, depending on the age of your child:
- Play Stars memberships are tailored to babies under 12 months old
- Play Pass memberships are for ages 1-5 years old
Both memberships are currently free for families across Australia post-pandemic. They provide insurance coverage for your little ones whilst at playgroup along with a host of other benefits. Find out more and sign up at playmatters.org.au/membership.
Moggill State School Playgroup
Our Playgroup is run in our Hall (OSHC Room) on Wednesdays throughout the school term. There are two sessions available:
- Morning Session; 9:00am-11:00am (currently full)
- Afternoon Session; 12:45pm-2:45pm
There is a $2 weekly fee per child over the age of 12 months to be paid each session to cover material and craft costs.
Feel free to contact Laura Whyte, Playgroup Coordinator if you have any questions.