The Prep year provides a solid foundation in numeracy and literacy. The program caters for children turning five years old before 30 June during the year of enrolment.
To provide greater opportunity for individualised instruction and support, each Prep teacher is assisted by a Teacher Aide.
In Prep, students participate in specialist lessons in Music, Health and Physical Education; attend Assembly on a weekly basis and are included in Inter-house activities and other special events.
Key learning areas in the Prep year include:
• Health and Physical Education (HPE)
• The Arts
For more information related to the Curriculum, please refer to the Curriculum information on our website.
Early Years Calculator
To find out when your child can start kindy or school, please use the Early Years Calculator available from the Queensland Government - The Early Years Count website.
Prep 2021 Enrolment
If your child is commencing Prep, we have a range of events for parents/caregivers and incoming students to attend.
The following are dates related to Prep 2021 enrolment:
- Prep Information Day - TBC
- Prep Orientation Day - TBC. Parents attend a welcome morning tea whilst the children visit a prep classroom
- Prep Interviews - TBC
- Prep Uniform Appointments - TBC
If you are unable to attend the above events (which includes a tour of our school) or to find out more, please contact our Admin Team via email email@example.com or telephone (07) 3202 0444.
- Obtain the enrolment pack (obtained from the Office or download our enrolment form here: Enrolment Forms
- Complete enrolment forms and return to Office (opening hours 7.45am to 3:30pm term time only)
- Attend Prep Information Day
- Attend Prep Interview
- Attend Prep Orientation Day
- Make a Prep appointment with Uniform Shop (dedicated open days for Preps)
- Class Allocations are distributed via email either at the end of the current school year or the week prior to school resuming
- Commence school - first bell 8:50am